Monday 29 December 2014

Creative pools

One thing had tormented me for quite a long time and still does but this time to a lesser extend than before. It's Writing Highly Scalable, fault tolerant and robust Server application for my client applications. 

I develop software in various languages including Java, C/C++, Python and PHP to mention but a few and it's quite the fun you can least expect from it. Recently i tried to copy whatsapp but then Aah! I did realize that a good Programmer/Hacker/Developer doesn't necessarily need to hack and plagiarize other people's work but can be creative and invent stuff. This I learned from a great teacher. 

So I sought out my journey into the creative world and one thing I must tell you is that even though there are people who are most likely born creative, You too can be creative and it all starts with the little things around you. Identifying the small problems is the starting point and believe you me that you too can become a Zukerburg or Page if you will. You don't have to climb a tree from the branch but start from the Stem and You'll make it to the top. Slow and Steady count much as faster and steady is better. I currently work for a banking software company called Neptune Software PLC and It is amazing but I don't intend t do so for a long time. 
This therefore calls for creative thinking and exploiting alternatives around me. So I thought to myself, I'm in Africa and well much as almost every successful company is in the Silicon Valley and we are just never gonna make it to that level. Capital and resources are limited in these areas putting corruption aside. The place is a mess and even our very own people don't seem to trust the software we build (the Government inclusive #No_Offense). What choices do I have left. 

Then something pops into my mind and I realize that Trust is an issue in Africa. Trust can only be gained through loyalty and building confidence in the society. I realized that to gain the people's trust, you need to to begin by trusting yourself, and putting the people first when doing anything for them. Build Software people can count on for a long time and put Quality into this process. 

You have all the creativity you need. It's a talent not a skill. A Skill is what you'll need after the talent has positively progressed. So look around you and you'll see what you need to workout. 

Creativity and Skill are good tools especially if put together. But remember No man is an island. So you cannot run a company all by your self.

My Friends, I believe you have already seen your idea and you may not have the skill to raise it up, but it doesn't matter because someone else has the skill and if you could work together, You should progress drastically. 

I WISH YOU ALL A FRUITFUL YEAR AND MAY GOD OR WHOEVER YOU SERVER BLESS YOU.

No comments:

Post a Comment